Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Makeup Haul, Walmart, Kmart, Walgreens

Happy Hump Day!!!!! Kudos to me for posting twice in one week!!!!

Well this past weekend I did some shopping, I’m grateful that I have a fulltime job that allows me to shop. What I do to try and control the amount I spend, is give myself a shopping allowance every paycheck. Once I exhaust those funds I’m done. From this allowance I buy things that are NOT necessities (makeup, my craft supplies, purses, books, you get the idea). This helps me stay on budge with the household expenses and bills that I’m responsible for. I also feel less guilty about spending when I know everything else is taken care of. 

Well enough about that --- let’s get to the good stuff. These items were purchased either at Walmart, Kmart, or Walgreens. I use coupons whenever possible, every bit helps my funds.






At Kmart I was able to get this L.A. COLORS Chunky Lip pencil set. For $4.99 you get 6 lippies, not a bad deal it averages out $0.84 cents a lippie (not including tax). I did swatch them – they felt creamy on my arm but when I applied to my bare lips –sort of dry. I’m thinking it’s because they are suppose to be matte colors?? For me won’t be too much of an issue since I usually put on lip balm when I start my makeup routine. Sadly not all of the colors work well with my skin tone – (I did not swatch all of them on my lips only on my arm) I want to give the ones that I know don’t work well with my skin tone (well at least for my liking- some people can rock this) away. Of course I will be cleaning and sterilizing the lippies that I swatched on my arm. Do I have any takers?





I also picked up some Jordana lipsticks – I don’t think these are new – but I can tell you my favorite of the lot is called Grape. Then I picked up some NYC lip lacquers – very pigmented and inexpensive. They have a sticker that says “new” and I haven’t seen them anywhere else. So I’m gonna go out on a limb and say they are new.

At Walmart I was able to find a new Real Technique brush – sculpting brush. I believe Ipsy had a special for like $13.00 you got the set that includes this sculpting brush and a concealer brush. I missed out on that one – so I was happy to find it at Walmart – the price was $9.49 or something like that.

I bought two different foundations – the Cover Girl CC cream from the Queen collection – I’m going to see how this works for me. I’m hoping it doesn’t turn orange on me. I must say it does smell really nice. The fragrance is like flowery perfume, don’t know how that will wear on the face but I will let you know.

Alright, that about sums it up. AS you can see I bought a ton of lipsticks, would anyone want to see swatches on those? I’m sure plenty of others have already done the swatches but just in case your interested.

Remember let me know if you are all interested in a little giveaway for the L.A. COLORS Lip pencils (not all of the colors just maybe two or three).  


No comments:

Post a Comment